Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Apache Wont start now
Google
lku homer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone,
I have been running Apache without, major, problems for a few months now. However the other day, I did managed to screw up all the MYSQL DB's, but thats another story. I restarted the server machine, and now Apache won't start up at all. Getting the "Requested operation has failed" when I use ApacheMonitor. I haven't messed with anything except the MySQL DB's, which shouldn't be the problem since it was working fine last night. This is a dedicated machine, and I haven't installed, or un-installed anything.

Has anyone had this problem? And I would love to post the System event log, but I don't know where that would be. So if someone could point me in that direction I will update.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
dale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this helps, the log file you want is in the apache2triad/logs/ folder and it is called error.log. I open it with notepad, and your log file should be giant by now, so if you want to post any of it, just post the last couple of times that you restarted the apache service. That might help.

When you corrupted your mysql databases you corrupted the database 'mysql', you wiped out the data that the apache service is looking for to see if you are logged in as root. This could be a lengthy process of restoring it, so you might want to save your databases, websites and other things like mail and reinstall the apache2triad.

You might get lucky and just have one or two missing pieces to the puzzle, so posting the last parts of your log might help.

Don't feel alone as far as being the only one to mess up your installation, it's a learning process that most of us go through. You might even find the answer to your question when you read the log.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if mysql is damaged the apache service should start with no problems nevertheless
run eventvwr.msc to get system and application logs
cigraphics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

or you can try to go to Start >> Run write cmd then write httpd -k start and see the error or apache -k start or if you can't repair it reinstall a2t

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic