Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Forum Guidelines
Google
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On these forums you will get help and support with things related to apache2triad by myself in the cases i consider it is my moral duty to do so as the apache2triad developer , or if i just want to help you nevertheless help and support here is a privilege and not a right

Many times you will get voluntary help from other persons besides me as many of the times i will not be the only one knowing the answer to your questions

While i can not speak for them , i for one believe that real help lies in guidance for one to solve his problems himself , not handing over the answers on a platter but instead teaching them how to do it

Following you will find a list of guidelines that will help both us and yourself and the smooth running of this forum

1 - read the apache2triad_readme.txt file
(and the apache2triad_*.txt where * is the name of the package in question)

2 - read the Frequently Asked Questions thread

3 - search the forums for keywords of your problem as it might already have ben solved here , use the search function to do this

4 - see the tutorials in the apache forum

5 - see if your issue is not allready a known bug listed under the bugs forum

6 - state your os version , your apache2triad version , post relevant quotes from server and system logs , details , screenshots for bugs you want fixed ... just naming your problem wont help you much

7 - post lowercase and descriptive topic subjects not "Need help" , "Quick question" or "I have a problem"

8 - do not use too many figures of speech as they might hinder efforts to understand your problem : "get a dns to like move my .coms on my comp" or "browser does not recognize localhost" but instead keep it technical and explicit not figurative and vague

9 - be respectful toward the developers and the other users , immature behavior and language is not tolerated

10 - make sure you post in the right forum

11 - only "private message" about private issues not help

12 - if you post that something works in another wamp or a manual install but does not work in apache2triad just to suggest that it is not your fault but apache2triad's fault , make sure that doesn't turn out to be wrong , because if it does there could be consequences

Last edited by Vlad Alexa Mancini on Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic