Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Good Info - Upgrading Mysql on Apache2Triad 1.4.4
Google
Punjabikura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was searching the board all over to find a procedure i could follow to upgrade the MySQL on A2T 1.4.4 from a 4.0.x to 4.1.x

With almost no luck and just this thred to get some sort of an input to something similar.

Well for having version issues while importing/exporting, i wanted to upgrade it to just 4.1.x and not 5.x, so i gave it a try and it worked so i thought i should share it with the rest of you ....

Make sure you backup your \apache2triad\mysql directory and the windows\my.ini

1. Download the latest 4.1 (currently 4.1.21) zip without installer
(http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.1/mysql-noinstall-4.1.21-win32.zip/from/pick)
2. Extract the zip file in a seperate directory.
3. Shut down apache/mysql, etc ... all the A2T stuff ...
4. After making sure you have backed up your mysql dir and my.ini... copy the following folders from the 4.1 extract to the \apache2triad\mysql directory.
bin
Embedded
include
lib
scripts

now im not 100% sure if you need all those folders copied over ... but thats what i tried and it worked for me ... maybe someone can go into more detail...
well after doing that just start up apache/mysql... your usual a2t environment and it should work fine with all the data and stuff working fine as before or better ...

one thing i did notice is that the Apache2TriadCP doesnt show the updated MySQL version but thats cool, just use phpMyAdmin and you'll see the mysql versoin your running =)

Enjoy...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic