Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 problem, apache wont start
Google
james

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im having a problem starting Apache2, or Apache2 SSL. I looked im my error log and I keep getting a constant repeating error.

[Wed Jan 03 06:25:11 2007] [error] (OS 10038)An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. : Child 3024: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.

I figured maybe it is a firewall problem, so I disabled it and tried to start apache again, and still I keep getting the same error. I then went into my router to see if the correct ports are opened, and all is good.

This problem all of a sudden cropped up, and I have never had this problem before. Any Idea's.

Peace Out!!
and Thanks!!
lku homer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure that firewalls have anything to do with starting Apache, so I am guessing that the problem is in your httpd.conf somewhere.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
james

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just reinstalled Apache2triad, and Im still having the same problem. I made no changes to the httpd.conf file. It does now appear to be a firewall problem because after I reinstalled triad I had zone alarm up and that same continuous error in the error log appeared. Now after I shutdown zone alarm again, apache started with out a hitch. I then looked at my config in zone alarm's program control, and everything seems to be correct.

HELP!!!!!
lku homer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is a firewall problem, I would check the Networking forum. I never had a problem with my firewall.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you try Win32DisableAcceptEx ?
james

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If your talking about the directive in the httpd.conf file, it says it is enabled.

<IfDefine AEX>
Win32DisableAcceptEx
</IfDefine>

am I supposed to this

#<IfDefine AEX>
#Win32DisableAcceptEx
#</IfDefine>

I dont think this problem has anything to do with the configuration file, I think that it has to do something with Zone Alarm pro, because I just uninstalled Zone Alarm, and apache worked. Now after I reinstalled ZA, I get the same problem.

Update: I solved the problem that I was having with the the continous error I was having upon apache startup, it was as simple of just upgrading my Zone Alarm pro from version 6.0.631.003 to version 6.5.737.000. I Guess there was a stability problem with Zone Alarm and apache.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic