Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Running A2T on Ms Vista
Google
paegn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I know that this has been dealt asked about in a number of other posts, but I figured that rather than answering lots of them, I'd just start up a new thread.

I started using a different server prog for a while when I couldn't get A2T to run under vista. I recently did a clean up of my machine and thought I'd give it another try. I noticed that all the other modules were starting, but Apache was giving an error. Answer: Update Apache.

Anyway:

Install A2T as per usual. Note: I have got the UAC turned off and am logged in as an Admin level user.

Reboot.

Download the newest version of Apache from here. As of today, the current Apache version is: 2.2.4. I used the apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8d.msi file

Run the new Apache set up program. The first screen should give you options to repair or remove Apache. If not, just go ahead and install it in C:\Apache2Triad\ [or wherever.] At the end of the install, you'll get an error window. It will be very small, and blank. Just click ok. [This is caused by the Apache Monitor program which doesn't seem to be working yet.]

No need to restart [although I recommend it...] the Apache installer starts the service on it's own.

You'll still get the little error window when you reboot. The Apache Monitor is put into the Startup folder in the start menu by default, so delete that.

Also, A2T tries to put it's start menu folder in the start folder above the programs folder, so just jump into "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" and move the A2T folder in to the programs folder. Now all the start menu links should work. [Except the Apache Monitor.]

Anyway, I hope this helps some people out. I was sad to have to change server progs for so long. Now, I'm kicking myself that I didn't look into this earlier.

I've only just got it all up and running, so I'm not certain if everything is running ok, but all the tests from the Control Panel read fine.

Enjoy Cool
NIIcK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your post! Downloading and installing the newest version of Apache has solved my problem with the httpd service not starting (Under MS Vista Ultimate).

The reason I'm posting this is to say that the ApacheMonitor can be run if you right click on the executable file itself (ApacheMonitor.exe) choose Properties/Compatibility and set it to run under WindowsXP SP2.

Regards,

Nick
cp-serve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Author: Ganesh.rao, Works For Real Been an a2t user for long time and upgraded to vista and a2t wouldnt boot up for me but this tut made it work without downloading a whole new server
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all the bird brains that are finding a way to run Apache2Triad on Vista and for all others who gave really, long long and boaring tutorials on how to make it work, this is the exact way to do it.

Wont take you more than 30 seconds

1) Open "Apache Monitor"
2) Click on "Services"
3) Right click on "Apache2Triad Apache2 Service"
4) Click on "Properties"
5) Click on the "Log On" tab
6) HERE IS THE TRICKY PART

Log on as:
"Local System account" <--- [This would have been selected]

NOW CHANGE TO...

- "This Account"
- Enter ".\apache2triad" in the text box field.
- Enter your Apache2Triad password correctly.
- Click "Apply"
- Click "OK"

Start the service now, it will work. If it doesn't let me know.

Do the same thing for "Apache2Triad Apache2 Service with SSL" and you are done.

Reason: Apache is trying to run as the local account you are logged in as, where as it must run as the apache2triad user. In WinXP, etc this happens automatically on installation in WinVista it screws up.

To make Apache Monitor Work
Go to "apachemonitor.exe" and then right click... properties... compatibilty... Windows XP... Apply. Done
ice5192

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Apache2Triad Apache2 Service service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).

i have tryed every thing nothing is working Sad
as_123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After running into this issue (
The Apache2Triad Apache2 Service service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1). AND Apache2Triad SSL failed to start) myself, I decided to have a hack around in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Gut feel told me that a library or a path was incorrect. Which it turns out is correct.

1) apache-triad/conf/httpd.conf
2) Scroll to the bottom of the file where the #ssl config
3) Place the full path into the libraries (dlls and ssl.conf only):

#ssl config
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadFile "D:\Apache\apache-triad\opssl\bin\libeay32.dll"
LoadFile "D:\Apache\apache-triad\opssl\bin\ssleay32.dll"
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
# Disable the SVN libs - seem unnecessary
#LoadModule dav_svn_module "C:/Program Files/Subversion/bin/mod_dav_svn.so"
#LoadModule authz_svn_module "C:/Program Files/Subversion/bin/mod_authz_svn.so"
Include "D:\Apache\apache-triad\conf\ssl.conf"