Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 ASP
Google
QWERTYtech

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering if A2T will support ASP?
dale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The apache server supports tha ASP. Just turn on the module.
QWERTYtech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay. How do I turn on the module?
dale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to the A2T control panel and clicked on the Apache 'wrench'. It then took me to another page where near the top it had the option to enable asp. I enabled it, saved changes, and restarted my Apache service. I have no way to test it since I don't do asp, so this is the best that I can do for you.
QWERTYtech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sweet. Thank you. After making a few other changes and restarting Apache2Triad, I was unsuccessful in restarting it. When i go into Services and try to manually restart it, i get the following error
Quote:
Windows Could not start the Apache2Triad Apache2 Service on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1.

I'm not sure where to find the System Event Log. I was attempting to modify the http conf to INCLUDE my VHOST.conf.

Can you help me with this?
dale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that you might have a typo. Check and see if you might have a # somewhere it shouldn't or something like that.

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.147:80>
ServerAdmin admin@yourdomain.com
DocumentRoot "c:/yourwebsite"
ServerName www.yourdomain.com
</VirtualHost>

This is a bare bones type vhost that I use. I usually let all of the logging go to the main logs. I always put the quotes on the document root even though it may not need it. I have found that if I had c:\web\something folder has a space in the folder name, it will cause problems for me too. It shouldn't, but it does.
QWERTYtech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay.
FYI: I'm using a VHOST file that Jaydium showed me how to use. All it is, is a text file called VHOST with multiple <VirtualHost> statements in it. Then inside my HTTP file, I have an INCLUDE <path> to the VHOST.

I have tried removing the INCLUDE in the HTTP file and rebooted my server. After such, i try to start it again and get the same message.

What could I be doing wrong?
linux-don

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anytime you try to start/restart A2T and an error appears that results in a failure to start... you can check "/apache2triad/logs/error.log" or "/apache2triad/logs/ssl_error.log" depending on wether you are starting the server with SSL Support enabled or not.

This will show you any problems that occured when it was trying to start up. Another thing you may want to try is running a command prompt and typing "/apache2triad/bin/httpd -t" for syntax errors in your httpd.conf file. (Don't forget to include the full path name including drive letter if not installed into default location of C:/).

Hope this helps you.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic