Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Beginner help
Google
IGLITK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i just installed apache2triad, installed it to test a few phpscripts before i upload them on an actual server.

Whats my next step.
dtmswebmaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would depend on your network setup. If you are connected directly to your modem (be it cable, dsl, or dialup). In order to test PHP scripts, you'll need to visit your webserver through your browser. To do this, you'll need to open a browser and point it to your IP address (note: do not use the localhost loop as that would just spit out the php file instead of processing the file as intended).

If you are connected through a router, ensure that you have set port forwarding to have incoming requests on port 80 routed to your computer's assigned IP by the router.

Ensure that port 80 is not being blocked by your firewall or it will not connect.

To test this, you can create a file called info.php and in that file write this line:
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then save it in your htdocs folder. After you've done this, point your browser to: http://yourip/info.php and you should see a page of information about your PHP install and various modules installed with it. If it tries to download the file instead.. then the PHP Parser is not installed/setup correctly.

Let me know if you need further help.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic