Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Apache 1.5.4 Won't Load
Google
rdquarles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I installed Apache 1.5.4 on my laptop on Feb 10 2009 and have been trying to get Apache Service to load ever since. I am having a problem where Apache doesn't start automatically like it is supposed to, and when I try and start it Manually I get the message "Requested operation has failed" and another message that says Apache timed out while trying to load. I just installed Apache2Triad to this machine (Laptop running Vista Home). MySQL is running fine, but the Apache listing under task manager services shows as follows:

Name: Apache2
PID: <Blank>
Description: Apache2Triad Apache2 Service
Group: N/A

I tried the Apache -t and I received the message "'apache' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.". So I searched the entire apache2triad directory structure for apache*.exe and it only found apachemonitor.

I also tried the HTTPD -t and it responded with "Syntax OK" .

The old apache2triad worked great on my old Windows 98 machine, and now on my laptop running Windows Vista Home, I am really disappointed. I need to test my new PHP code, and I cannot because I can't get it going and my old computer is deceased.

If someone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it!
dude1648

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rdquarles wrote:
I installed Apache 1.5.4 on my laptop on Feb 10 2009 and have been trying to get Apache Service to load ever since. I am having a problem where Apache doesn't start automatically like it is supposed to, and when I try and start it Manually I get the message "Requested operation has failed" and another message that says Apache timed out while trying to load. I just installed Apache2Triad to this machine (Laptop running Vista Home). MySQL is running fine, but the Apache listing under task manager services shows as follows:

I tried the Apache -t and I received the message "'apache' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.". So I searched the entire apache2triad directory structure for apache*.exe and it only found apachemonitor.

The old apache2triad worked great on my old Windows 98 machine, and now on my laptop running Windows Vista Home, I am really disappointed. I need to test my new PHP code, and I cannot because I can't get it going and my old computer is deceased.

Smae here i installed it on vista 1.4.4 worked fine unistalled that one and put this one in and its doing the same thing any help?
flybeye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Suggestion:

1. Try checking the Event Viewer,

click on the Vista Start button, then in the 'Start search' box type just three letters: eve. Open the Event Viewer.

Expand the Window Logs section, and click on Application:

The one at the very top should be the most recent error* for Apache assuming you have not had errors with other programs.

*In the error it should tell you what & where the application is having problems to fix it.

i.e. >>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 1104 of C:/apache2triad/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load php\\fdftk.dll into server: The specified module could not be found.

2. Fix the error and try running the Apache2triad service again.

-Brandon

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic