Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 no images , SendFile issue (BUGZILLA)
Google
.me

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

v 1.2.2 doesnt display the images!
nor in pages, nor called directly.

for example:
http://localhost/apache2cp/php.gif - gives an [x] image on the page

it looks like small images - are ok..
some of them...
only 2

like gifs - one is 78bytes and onother one is 189 bytes..

thats the only ones i got working

nor jpg nor png (440 bytes) didnt work ((

and a problem with css if i load it like this :
Code:
<link href="/install/all.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

and in apache2cp if i press F5 100 times It loads pics and css
1 at a time ))

*edited by mancini (6 posts merged into one)
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

respect the Forum Guidelines as the next time you will get no answer if you don't

furthermore you did not provide anny excerpts from the logs of the type "[error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist" to sugest that this might be a server problem , so i can not be sure if it is not a browser or another thing issue
.me

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeh. sorry - i was just writing them down as soon they appeared.
i wont do that any more.

heres what i got from error.log

Code:
[Mon May 24 23:41:35 2004] [notice] Parent: Created child process 3680
[Mon May 24 23:41:36 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Child process is running
[Mon May 24 23:41:36 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Acquired the start mutex.
[Mon May 24 23:41:36 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Starting 150 worker threads.
[Mon May 24 23:43:39 2004] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Mon May 24 23:43:39 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.
[Mon May 24 23:43:39 2004] [warn] (OS 995)The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
[Mon May 24 23:43:40 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Released the start mutex
[Mon May 24 23:43:41 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Waiting for 150 worker threads to exit.
[Mon May 24 23:43:42 2004] [notice] Child 3680: All worker threads have exited.
[Mon May 24 23:43:42 2004] [notice] Child 3680: Child process is exiting
[Mon May 24 23:43:42 2004] [notice] Parent: Child process exited successfully.

heres how the 1.2.2 looks:

and this is how it suppose to look like:

Thanks,
and sorry for any inconvinience.
.me
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

there are no "File does not exist" errors in the log you posted , didn't you notice

man , there are really strange things happening to you and my bet is that someting is really wrong with your os or apache2triad installation

are you using the english version of the os ?
.me

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes! english version..
Windows NT 5.1 build 2600

I always knew that XP isnt that good.
98 - is the best!

here is my sever config
whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get the same thing.

I started getting problems with broken images shortly after getting that error message when running Triad 1.2.1, so I uninstalled it, rebooted, and then installed 1.2.2 and am getting the SAME error messages and same broken links with the image files in Apache2CP and others on localhost. The new install was a default install only changing the drive letter to D from C. NOTHING else was touched until AFTER I verified that the problem still existed, and that was only to add aliases to the httpd.conf file for the local sites on my drives.

My Apache error log is as follows:

Code:
[Thu Jun 03 02:47:44 2004] [warn] (OS 64)The specified network name is no longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

I can find nothing else in any of the other generated error logs around the same time stamp, and have no idea what is going on with this. Any assistance would be helpful as this still seems to be a problem in 1.2.2 after an uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. For the record, I have ALSO attempted to use the old file cleanup utilities in the Apache2CP area without any change in problem. The utilities do not find any partial files left behind.

Of further note, I am running Win2K Professional on a PII 350 box. I have ALSO kept the updates taken care of, and just recently added another security patch available on the Microsoft site. The problem was before AND after doing this.

The help is appreciated. Once again thanks for the bundle Mancini, ESPECIALLY the ability to install it on ANY drive. You are a lifesaver with that one.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you guys see http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=455 for your errors

AcceptEx errors are sometimes caused by antiviruses and other programs running that need continuous acces to the network stack

however if AcceptEx would fail all the time the server would not be running at all and you wouldn't even see the pages , not to mention the images on them
whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I did Mancini, along with http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=589&highlight=winntaccept+asynchronous+acceptex+failed and this one, and none of them seem to quite help me get this fixed. I will admit that I DO have an antivirus installed, but as that ONLY runs at 2AM GMT -5 hours and was NOT running when this error occured, could that STILL be the problem?

Also, I have the one fix in the httpd.conf by default placed there by you:

Code:

<IfDefine AEX>
Win32DisableAcceptEx
</IfDefine>

It still baffles me what is causing the images to appear broken and how to fix that. Makes it kind of hard to design a site locally if images aren't working. That was the whole point of running a server type setup locally to help me stay offline so much during development. As for the rest of the links, I've spent HOURS looking through page after page of stuff on this problem, which is not just centralized to win2K professional either it seems. I'm not trying to say that it's a problem with your work either Mancini, and I am quite greatful that you have devoted the time to this project. I'd just like to figure out what is going on with it locally so that I can get images working and not have these error messages.

It is also further baffling that not ALL images on a page are affected, nor is it the same image type all the time either. I notice it more in PHP generated pages though than any others. For example, if I load a local HTML page, it does not seem to be an issue. BUT, if I attempt to view say a PHPNuke page, or a PHPBB page ( both of which I think are written in PHP ), then that is where the images seem to break most often.

As I have already stated in the post above, there are also broken image links in the Apache2CP areas. Another interesting thing of note is that after a while, the images will suddenly show. This also makes no sense to me. Once they show though, they tend to break again later. Just trying to figure it out, and trying to offer as much information as I can to do so.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whiteknight0571 wrote:
Yes I did Mancini, along with http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=589 and this one, and none of them seem to quite help me get this fixed.

Just trying to figure it out, and trying to offer as much information as I can to do so.

yes i understand , this is indeed a most strange and confusing issue and i am sorry but i just cant figure it out for now

one suggestion i have tho' is to try with a different browser , and maybe disable browser cache if possible

also try accessing the pages via loopback (http://127.0.0.1 http://localhost) and see if there is any change
whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the quick reply Mancini.

OK, here's the results of what I found:

Browser List:
IE Explorer 6.0 latest
Mozilla Firefox 0.8
Netscape 7.1

Opened them all, first ran http://localhost/apache2triad.html

ALL browsers had broken image links. Mozilla and Netscape I never ran locally on localhost settings, so there was nothing in either of those two to pull from cache. Also deleted files out of internet options in IE to clear cache BEFORE doing the localhost testing. Cleared caches of ALL browsers before moving to next step.

Next ran http://127.0.0.1/apache2triad.html

ALL browsers had broken image links.

Now for the INTERESTING part of this little test. Although Netscape AND Mozilla were NEVER used for local access on the server, ALL browsers had the SAME image links show broken. The four images that are broken are the PHPnet image, the Python.org image, tg and bg.jpg. Yes, they DO exist in the proper path in the install also. Again, these images were broken on EACH browser in BOTH localhost and 127.0.0.1 tests.

Don't know if this helps Mancini, but sure is STRANGE to me.
kolatracks
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whiteknight0571 wrote:

Opened them all, first ran http://localhost/apache2triad.html
Next ran http://127.0.0.1/apache2triad.html

That's a typing mistake right? it should be
http://localhost/apache2cp/apache2triad.html
and
http://127.0.0.1/apache2cp/apache2triad.html

Secondly, have you tried accesing the page from a different pc, ie not localhost?
also, is there any chance of a URL so we can see for ourselves?
whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DOH! Embarassed Yes Kola, it's a typo, your's is the correct URL. As for a link to look at, sorry, this is a local testing server with loopback. I don't have a static IP that I can use it as an online server at the moment. Wish I did, I'd be glad to give you a link. And unfortunately, I don't have a local network running either, so no ability to check it from another PC. I realize where that could help though, as if there was no broken links from the external machine, that would eliminate the server or the server package being the problem. Wish I had that ability, but I don't. The help from you and Mancini on this IS appreciated though. I'm just not sure what to do next to try and get it resolved. I've spent HOURS looking over the problem and googling on it without any real results as of yet.

Bug reports have come and gone on this, but they seem to keep popping up even after closed. I just re-opened one of them over at bugzilla.apache.org with nothing in reply as of yet. I am NOT an Apache nor PHP guru unfortunately. If there is any other information you need I will be more than happy to provide what I can. I might not know how to do something that is asked, but if you are willing to answer my questions to accomplish the task, I will be glad to post the results. Thanks to both of you again for the help.

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything either, but here is some PHP error log information also.

Code:
[03-Jun-2004 16:56:05] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\apache2triad\php\pear\Pager\Common.php on line 47
[03-Jun-2004 16:55:00] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\apache2triad\php\pear\PEAR\Remote.php on line 282
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 71
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 59
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: array_slice(): The first argument should be an array in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 30
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: array_reverse(): The argument should be an array in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 29
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 28
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: array_slice(): The first argument should be an array in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 27
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: array_reverse(): The argument should be an array in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 26
[03-Jun-2004 02:57:05] PHP Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in D:\apache2triad\htdocs\phpsftpd\stats.php on line 25
mrm2u

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you using ZoneAlarm? I had the same images fail to load. I shut down ZoneAlarm and did a control F5 to reload the apache control panel and the images loaded properly. When I turned ZoneAlarm back on and reloaded the control panel the same images were broken again. Not sure why ZA would cause this problem but I think it is the culprit--at least in my case.
whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shut down ZoneAlarm, restarted Apache service, images STILL broken. Sorry, didn't work. Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.
mrm2u

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you do a control F5 while ZA was shutdown? If your browser is working from cache and the images are not in cache they won't load until you force the browser to refresh. I didn't need to shutdown apache to get the images to work. When I looked at the ZoneAlarm forum I saw that other people were having a similar problem as you. There didn't seem to be any solutions, though. It's odd that you would have the same images broken as what I have. Once I load a page with ZA off the images go into cache and I can turn ZA back on and work ok with a page. Sorry I wasn't more helpful. It looks like a firewall kind of problem.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic