Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 need help upgrading from A2T 1.22 to 1.31
Google
macrossmerrell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I already have an existing webserver setup with PHPNuke running, and I am wondering how to go about upgrading to the latest release of A2T without loosing MYSQL data.

I have a hunch, I might have to backup the database in PHPNuke, uninstall everything, reinstall everything, copy the website back and restore the database?

Is that correct? Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Merrell
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the ony guaranteed way would be to export the database in a sql file using the mysql commandline or phpmyadmin , then uninstall and install the new version and phpnuke like usual truncating its database afterwards and importing the sql file

however the way you described should work too , but issues might occur tho' unlikely
macrossmerrell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your input! I appreciate all you do in making this available to nOObs like me Very Happy

Merrell
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

copy your php-nuke site. (all modules ect)

copy your sql database at /apache2triad/mysql/data/(your_database)

dont forget to copy xmail users if you have any in /apache2triad/mail/(pertinent_tab_files)

SQL dump should work, however I have tried this and some reason it dont work to well..

Also remember anything you've added on (themes, modules ect) are probably stored in the database, so it needs to be intact when you re-install ..

For example, this happened to me once. I back'ed up only my database, but not my website. The theme i was running was in the database, but i didn't add it back to the site. It gave my whitepages (blank pages) took me forever to figgure it out.

Note to mancini: During the unistall, you think its possible to add a function to allow you to keep certain folders? As it is now, all folders are deleted during unistall. I meant to bring this up before, but forgot..
macrossmerrell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI, your tips worked great.

I uninstalled, reinstalled 1.31, resetup PHP nuke, then pasted my themes, modules, blocks back in, and then pasted my nuke database folder back over top of the MYSQL nuke folder (with mysql not running), restarted Mysql and the entire site came back up with no problems. Very Happy

Easiest upgrade I have ever done! Took all of 10 minutes.

Merrell

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic