Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Getting Nuke site up after hard drive crash.
Google
Buttsnacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings.

I had Apache2Triad running on a win2k machine. I believe it was version 1.2. Fortunately I backed up the whole drive using windows backup and was able to restore the apache2 folder to another machine.

In order to get the services back up and running on the new machine, I downloaded and installed A2T version 1.2.3. Then I copiend the mysql and htdocs directory to the new installation. Now Apache won't start, although mysql does.

The new A2T creates a separate apache2triad and apache2 directories and I'm sure their are other changes. My questions is: is it possible to get the 1.2 installation again, and if not, how do I restore my site on the new machine from the previous version?

Thanks in advance.
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What are in the error.logs?

Quote:
The new A2T creates a separate apache2triad and apache2 directories and I'm sure their are other changes.

No this is not correct .. It goes in the folder where you select same as usual (apache2triad is default)

Of the htdocs just copy what you put in there.. Leave all the apache2triad dirs out, as they will be updated on thier own.

You should have no trouble upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3.1, i had no problems.
Buttsnacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LiquidSnake wrote:
What are in the error.logs?

Quote:
The new A2T creates a separate apache2triad and apache2 directories and I'm sure their are other changes.

Of the htdocs just copy what you put in there.. Leave all the apache2triad dirs out, as they will be updated on thier own.

Thanks. Do you mean just copy over only the .php files I edited and nothing else? What do I do about the mysql database? Can I just copy the mysql folder over?
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=846

you dont copy the entire mysql folder, just the database you want saved (its in C:/apache2triad/mysql/data/(your_databases)

However since apache is not starting you have another problem somewhere... Confused

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic